1. Quick overview
The CloudLaps Virtual Decoder is a pc software, that enables the CloudLaps transponders to be used in offline mode, without internet connection.This virtual decoder can be connected with several lap timing software ( for compatibility, please refer to compatibility chart)
- Installed JAVA Runtime Environment (JRE)
- Offline usage, without internet
- CloudLaps webapp license is not required
- FREE to use
2. Detailed overview
- Capable of merging data with Mylaps/AMB and I-Lap decoder data
- Lap time and up to 4 sector time registry
- Windows, Linux and MacOS compatible
- In and out communication can be done either on Ethernet, or on serial ports
- The Virtual decoder is free to use, but the sale and/or modification of the software is prohibited
3. Program setup and start
- connect your decoder (if any) to your pc or local network
- Start Cloudlaps Virtual Decoder (requirement JAVA 8 | https://java.com/en/download/)
- Start Cloudlaps local server on your PC’s IP address, select from list (Enable firewall extensions if needed)
- Setup decoder handlers and start it
- Connect to CloudLaps Virtual Decoder with your own lap timing software
4. Compatibility chart
The CloudLaps Virtual Decoder based on software independent protocols, but due to the particularities of different lap timing software, it is not working the same way with all of them. Please see the bellow table for the tested modes, and the working configurations.
AMBrc/ Enhanced mode
i.) External tool: Virtual COM port, if needed
Just for Windows users.
Certain time keeping software requires Serial Port virtualisation, for example NextLevelTiming, FlipsideRacing, and XRacerFree. The Virtual Serial Port is required, so that the CloudLaps Virtual Decoder can communicate with the above mentioned software. To this, we recommend the com0com freeware to be used.